What's Happening at the Cherokee County Public Library
Taniesa L. Sullivan | The Weekly Ledger News | Press Release from Cherokee Co. Public Library
Cherokee County Public Library
310 Mary Street, Centre, AL 35960
8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday,
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The library will be closed on December 23 & 26 for Christmas Holiday.
Visit their website at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
Find them on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
1. Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:30. Join Jinx and Miss Rebecca for songs, crafts, and reading fun. Space is limited each week; call 256-927-5838 to reserve a spot.
2. “NEW” 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
The concept is simple, but the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. For information on how to sign up, call the library at 256-927-5838.
3. Sew Joyful Quilters: Meet with the quilters each Thursday at 10 am to discuss quilt designs and techniques.
4. Wi-Fi Hotspots: Patrons in good standing can check out a hotspot for one week. CCPL will be participating in the Alabama Hotspot Lending Program. This project was made possible by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Alabama Public Library Service. For lending requirements, look at the policy on our website https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ or call the library at 256-927-5838.
5. Chair Yoga: Join instructor Linda Abernathy and Library Director Dana Carroll on Fridays, December 9 & 16 at 11:45 for a 15-minute stress-relieving chair yoga session.
6. Teen Book Club: Rather Be Reading
Teens ages 13-18 will meet on Monday, December 19, at 3:30 to discuss their book pick of the month.
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
7. Reading Around Book Club meets at 11:00 am on the first Monday of each month. The book club will not meet at the library in December.
8. Kids & Kin: A Statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s child/ children. Everyone is welcome!
Contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more information.
Meetings are from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
November 29: Toddlers and Challenging Behaviors
9. Centre Career Center: Career Specialist Andre Mitchell will be at the library on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm to assist with your job search needs.
Services include resume preparation, job search assistance, WIOA eligibility, on-the-job training, etc.
Call 256-927-5838 on Tuesdays or 256-546-4667 Ext. 855018 on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.
eBooks: To sign in, visit ESERVICES on our website: https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
For more information, you are welcome to call 256-927-5838 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dig into your family’s roots with Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org – free, in our genealogy room! Use your free FamilySearch.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary database. Go to our online catalog at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ and click on the “links” tab.