On March 7, 2022, Rex Duard Tidmore, 64, of Geraldine, pled guilty to 22 child sex crimes and another 4 drug-related offenses.
On April 21, Judge Shauntahan Bell sentenced Tidmore to the following: - Conspiracy to Commit Human Trafficking: Life in Prison
- Sodomy 1st Degree: Life in Prison Without Possibility of Parole
- Possession of Obscene Material Involving a Minor (20 counts): Life in Prison for each count
- Manufacturing a Controlled Substance: 20 years
- Trafficking in Cannabis: Life in Prison Without Possibility of Parole
- Unlawful Possession of Controlled Substance: 5 years
- Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: 1 year
Bell further ordered that the sentences run consecutively rather than concurrently, meaning that even without the two sentences of life without the possibility of parole, Tidmore faces an approximate total of 446 years in the state penitentiary.
Tidmore’s charges originated in December of 2017 when a confidential informant came to law enforcement to report that Tidmore wanted to purchase or kidnap a young girl to keep locked at his house for sexual purposes.
During their investigation, officers discovered that Tidmore had already sexually abused a girl under the age of 12. Search warrants executed at Tidmore’s Geraldine residence revealed a sophisticated indoor marijuana growing operation, as well as pictures of a child engaging in sexual conduct.