HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
A cold front will move into northwest Alabama Tuesday evening and then stall and linger across the area into Wednesday. Thunderstorms will develop along/ahead of the front, and a few may become severe. Heavier, slow-moving thunderstorms may also lead to localized flash flooding.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS FORECAST:
A small expansion of marginal risk area.
* Severe: Along and west of a line from Marengo County to Etowah County.
* Flooding: Along and west of Interstate 59.
* Severe: Tuesday evening (5 PM – Midnight).
* Flooding: Tuesday evening through Wednesday.
* A tornado or two.
* Isolated damaging winds up to 60 mph.
* Additional rainfall amounts up to 2 inches along and west of Interstate 59; locally higher amounts of 3+ inches generally along the Highway 278 corridor.