Cherokee County Public Libary
Cherokee County Public Library
310 Mary Street, Centre, AL 35960
8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Visit their website at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ or
Find them on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library
1. Trick or Treat at the Cherokee County Public Library: Monday, October 31, from 2:30-4:30.
2. Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:30. Join Jinx and Miss Rebecca for songs, crafts, and reading fun. Space is limited each week; call 256-927-5838 to reserve a spot.
3. New 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
The concept is simple, but the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. For information on how to sign up, call the library at 256-927-5838.
4. Sew Joyful Quilters: Meet with the quilters each Thursday at 10 am to discuss quilt designs and techniques.
5. Medical Monday: 12:00 pm: Please join them for our health lunch talks presented by health care professionals. Bring your lunch, and they will provide drinks and dessert.
6. Green Bag: Green Bag meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 12 pm. Join us for this lunch series that focuses on gardening. These are one-hour lectures presented by Master Gardeners and other professionals. Bring your lunch! We'll provide the drinks and dessert.
7. Wi-Fi Hotspots: Patrons in good standing can check out a hotspot for one week. CCPL will be participating in the Alabama Hotspot Lending Program. This project was made possible by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Alabama Public Library Service. For lending requirements, look at the policy on our website https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ or call the library at 256-927-5838.
8. Code Club: Weekly meetings Tuesdays at 3:30 for ages 10-18.
Kids learn programming skills through a series of tutorials and projects. They use these skills to build websites, video games, phone apps, animations, etc. In addition, they learn how to become better problem solvers and critical thinkers.
October 25 will be the last code club for the year.
9. Chair Yoga: Join instructor Linda Abernathy and Library Director Dana Carroll on October 21 and 28 at 11:45 for a 15-minute stress-relieving chair yoga session.
10. Teen Book Club: Rather Be Reading
Teens ages 13-18 will meet on Monday, October 17, at 3:30 to discuss their book pick of the month.
House of Dragons by Jessica Cluess
11. Reading Around Book Club meets at 11:00 am on the first Monday of each month.
12. Kids and Kin: A Statewide supportive program for anyone caring for relatives' children. Everyone is welcome! Contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more information.
Meetings are from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
October 25: Creating Routines for Love and Learning
13. Centre Career Center: Career Specialist Andre Mitchell will be at the library on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm to assist with your job search needs.
Services include resume preparation, job search assistance, WIOA eligibility, on-the-job training, etc.
Call 256-927-5838 on Tuesdays or 256-546-4667 Ext. 855018 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
eBooks: To sign in, visit ESERVICES on our website: https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
For more information, you are welcome to call 256-927-5838 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dig into your family's roots with Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org - free, in their genealogy room.
Use your free FamilySearch.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary database. Go to our online catalog at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ and click on the "links" tab.